Vannie Kaap is not just a media or retail brand, it has literally grown into a lifestyle brand. This growth means that from time to time our staff team has to increase to accommodate our varied needs.
We are currently looking for extra staff in our Retail division. This role would suit someone looking for part-time/temp work for a few days in the week. It's a casual role, so flexibility is key.
The role advertised is a shop assistant position. Not every day is the same in the VK Woodstock shop. One day you are helping a bus full of international tourists, the next day a celebrity may pop in, on another day you are holding a customer's baby while she fits on a Tshirt. Each day you get to interact with a klompie different mense.
4 things we look for in VK staff:
- Integrity (no skelm gedagtes)
- Work ethic (no lui-broeke or complainers)
- Consistency (To dala is easy; to keep dalaring, dai's waar'ie ding ruk.)
- Love (If you don't love customers and the brand, moetie apply nie shame.)
What does this role entail:
- Greet and serve customers from the moment they come into the shop.
- Advise customers and answer any questions they may have; from stock availability and product pricing, all the way to what does 'Skangaga' mean?
- Working on the till and handling customer transactions.
- Keeping shop clean and tidy.
- Restocking goods when they sell out and ensuring they are displayed attractively.
- When new stock comes in, it is your responsibility to assist by doing quality control checks before logging in new inventory.
- Assisting in online deliveries and online product sorting.
As a startup, everyone -including management- pitches in everywhere when required to do so. Therefore a hands on approach is key, as each day in our environment is unique. (Los dai 'issie in my job description' gedagtes)
Hours and Pay?
- Initially looking for someone to work 3 days a week. Either Monday to Wednesday or Thursday to Saturday.
- Hours in the week are 9am to 4:30pm and on Saturday 9am to 2:30pm.
- Pay rate is R300 per full working day.
- Staff uniform provided.
- Staff discount on all VK merchandise.
- Matric required.
- Must have a smart phone as many VK processes are tech based.
- Full training provided.
How do I apply?
Send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 14/04/18
Due to the high volume of applications received, if you have not heard back from us please consider your application unsuccessful.